Chepstow racecourse is the most prestigious racecourse in Wales set in a large area of 370 acres of land, located at the end of the Wye valley in the undulating hills of Monmouthshire. The racecourse was established for both flat racing and jump racing after the First World War on the current site although race meetings were held very close by in St Arvans between the years of 1892 and 1914. A consortium of 10 businessmen that included three titled Peers raised the funds to buy Piercefield Park and set up the racecourse.
Chepstow racecourse was converted to an airfield during the Second World War and was really put on the racing map when the Welsh Grand National was held there in 1948. The construction of the Severn Bridge connecting Wales and England along with the fast transport link of the M4 motorway has made Chepstow a popular racecourse today. 28 racedays are held annually drawing big crowds to this beautiful country setting with fabulous views that make the destination a favorite for families and for corporate entertainment.
There are two very impressive enclosures at Chepstow each with a great deal of charm and fabulous hospitality facilities. The Premier Enclosure permits the public to gain access to the premier lawn and be in close proximity to the winners’ enclosure where the celebrations take place. The Grandstand and Paddock enclosure gives the public a superb view from the Grandstand of the Parade Ring and the racecourse. There are outstanding restaurants and bars as well as facilities for important events such as weddings and conferences as well as training seminar facilities in purpose built suites for corporate use.